A Very Merry Christmas to All

Monday, May 9, 2011

PIN KEEP SWAP

A friend of mine once said "A person can never have enough pin cushions", so over the years I've made attempts to make her regret that statement. However, I'm still making pin cushions and she is still smiling.
When my friend Cherie told me of a "Pin Keep" swap  I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.
My mind began swirling, all sorts of idea's popped into my head...One kept coming back...a Witch.
Now I don't normally do Prims...I love them but I think eclectic is more my style LOL I'm all over the board when it comes to decorations...it works for me. I guess when I think Prims, I think Halloween, country, dark and homey. I sketched out a few designs for a witch. The pin keep had to be on a pedestal so when I found a piece of Birch in the wood pile, it seemed like a perfect pedestal for a Woodland Witch. The wood had a fork which then gave me the idea of a companion "pin keep" and what better companion for a witch, then a spider ? As I sketched, she evolved into something I could actually see, so I drew up a pattern, then worked on a spider pattern. In the mean time I contacted my "Partner" and asked her about herself. One of the questions was "Favorite holiday". Her response was "you may think I'm nuts, because most people would say Christmas, but I LOVE Halloween "...First thought? This was a partner sent from heaven. That and I wouldn't have to rethink my Witch design. I've been away at a quilt show in Paducah KY, so I didn't know about posting pictures...better late then ever...I introduce my original design "Woodland Witch and Friend".
Hope you like her.....

3 comments:

  1. Love your Woodland Witch! Especially her spider climbing up the birch! I am finishing mine up today for the swap. Fun stuff! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great! I just sent mine off today. This was such a fun swap.

    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new Follower..if you'd ever like to do a pincushion swap..I LOVE pincushions.I am in Australia though..not too far away?
    Judy

    ReplyDelete