A Very Merry Christmas to All

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Another Christmas Story

We all have special moments in our lives. Moments that reach deep within our hearts and touch us with a very special feeling.
A while back I was chatting with a friend and in conversation told her about a spicific kind of jewelry I collect. That collection is displayed on a quilted Christmas tree. I do not buy the pieces in my collection, it is made up of the love of friends who find the pieces at garage sales, family jewel boxes etc. I told her to keep a look out. I while later she sent me pictures of some pieces she had found, while they all fit the bill one just stood up and screamed at me. When I told her which one, she laughed and said her daughters had already looked it up and it was selling on EBAY for $125. Holy cow!! I'm not collecting for that reason and had no idea of the worth. I told her to keep looking..LOL
So yesterday I get a package in the mail. I assumed it was the "Artful Bag" I've been waiting for in a swap. It wasn't...It was a beautiful little stocking from my friend..adorned with an ornament and gift tag. Inside was a tiny package also adorned with small peppermint ornaments... You know where I'm going with this don't you?

It takes a special kind of person , especially in todays times, to look beyond the monitary value of something and think of a friend. To say to themselves that the friends happiness is worth far more...Yes indeed, it takes a special person and I'm so blessed to have her as a friend.
Ironically, I didn't display the quilted tree this year...too much stress and pressure for some reason...But thats okay because I plan to wear that pin all season anyway...I just LOVE it. It is truly a gift from the heart...Isn't that what it's all about? Merry Christmas to all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    I am back!
    Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas! Mine was very nice too. :)
    Wow what a lovely gesture of that Secret Friend! That is the True Meaning of Christmas! Enjoy!
    I just uploaded some photos of my trip if you would like to see them. Please leave a comment. Tomorrow I will upload more.
    Love and hugs and hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete