A Very Merry Christmas to All

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Happy Mail Day!!!

What a fun day I've had...I did the usual...animals, cleaning , laundry <yawn> then I got to play in my studio. I've got so much half completed I figured I better at least finish something. Of course I went right to my Steampunk doll. Oh have I told you? I'm in a swap and the Theme is Steampunk. Since it's mostly a paper group (mixed media) I don't have any idea of even how to approach a paper doll and make it look good so I'm falling back on fabric. originally it was going to be made from a gourd...but then I ordered a pattern from Susan at Frowning Francis and it inspired me to go back to fabric. I had to make my own pattern but what I saw in Steampunk Buddies certainly inspired me. I just Love Susan's patterns..although I usually do alter them to make them my own.
Anyway I had to fore go "Tin Lizzie" the name my Steampunk doll picked...because other projects were shouting. Since they are Christmas they have to come first.
As I was finishing up my snowman ornament for a friend Rich brought me Happy Mail...Look what I got from TG, the owner of Artforthecreativemind ...
is that a pack of
paper or what? I could see cards, postcards and ATC's dancing in my head..Mind you , I'm just starting with paper...What a beautiful assortment, I was just thrilled.
Then I opened a box from Sherry Goshen. If you don't know who Sherry is, Google her name. Sherry is not only a fabulous doll artist, pattern  maker and teacher. She is also one of the sweetest people on the planet.
Check her out. I've wanted a "Sherry" doll, in fact I think I mentioned her when I told you all about Kandy Korn. Look at what was in the box...along with one of her fabulous patterns...
How cool are those dolls? She has tons of patterns for sale, so make sure you stop by her Blog. Doll Makers Journey also sells her patterns.
Now my little project pales in comparison but he is cute and I think the person receiving him will love him.

With his little fleece hat and scarf he is all ready to present a poinsettia to his new owner. But she better watch out because he has some pre-made snowballs just waiting to surprise someone.
Living in an enchanted forest on the top of a mountain where animals and fairies abide is a dream come true. I wish everyone could be as happy as I am......


1 comment: