A Very Merry Christmas to All

Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Hate the P.O.

It's never been my favorite place. Not sure why people use the term "Postal" and talk about stress. Have you ever seen a postal worker rush to do anything? I haven't. A line could be a mile long and they will work at a slow and steady pace..often chatting with people they know. In my old P.O. they were just as slow and laid back, but they did have a bell, so if you had a PO box you didn't have to stand on the long line just to get something too big for the box. In this tiny little country PO they kind of play by their own rules. If you have a card indication there is a large box being held, you can show it to anyone you want...you'll still wait on that same long line, along with people paying bills with money orders (those are my favorite) Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just think there should be a separate window for that since it takes so long.
If you are a postal worker , or you know a postal worker please don't send a nasty note. I also have family members and friends in the postal business. Sorry, I just don't see it as a high stress job...I go to the PO a lot and I've never seen them in a stressful situation. They have one speed...SLOW. Then we have the tiny P.O. that close to go to the bathroom or deliver mail (special delivery) That's just the way it is....Now you know why I have that cute little sign about "Big girl panties" LOL It's what my postal friends say to me all the time...
Sometimes you just have to rant in order to feel better. Especially when you missed a mailing dead line through no fault of your own. I know it isn't a big deal in the GRAND picture, but it's a big deal to me...I'm usually way ahead of schedule.
Today is cleaning day first and then play time ugh! I did join Wendy's Bunny Hop swap and Sherry's (Linda's) Valentine swap and I'm working on a Triptych for Art for the creative mind....So I'm busy...I also have a few gifts laid out which I will post when done...For today, all I have is my full figured mannequin that is all packed up with her additional goodies ready for her new home. Wish everyone a fantastic Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathie,
    I love your smiling mannequin! You are a hoot my friend. :)
    I am sure your swap partner will love it. I uploaded mine to my blog if you would like to leave a comment.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete