A Very Merry Christmas to All

Monday, June 4, 2012

Another day of art

I finally received one of the RR books that were stalled . Sometimes people get so wrapped up in their own lives they fail to consider their other commitments . I planned to be away for the entire month of June, but because I am committed to this RR I had to  make other plans once this delay happened. But no worries now. It's all good and I hope the other book is on it's way to me. If not, I'll have to put off MY plans for yet another week. Doesn't that sound fair? NOT.
Anyway. This book was a delight to work on Barb did a wonderful job on the cover and on the book selection itself. While it doesn't lend itself well to niches, it is a large book and fun to work. Barb requested two, 2 page spreads (4 in all) and that was perfect for Joyce Kilmers 'Tree" poem. I split the poem into 4 parts and then painted a tree to match that part of the poem. I decided to do a Chakra tree (tree of life) for the first page, just to be different...but the roots are indeed "prest to the earths sweet flowing breast breast"
I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree. A tree whose hungry mouth is prest against the earths sweet flowing breast.
A tree that looks at GOD all day and lifts it's leafy arms to pray

A tree that may in summer wear a nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain, Who intimately lives with rain, Poems are made by fools like me, But only GOD can make a tree.
I hope Barb likes what I did, because I loved doing it...That's my creation for today.
Now I have to hop on over to Wendy's and see what she is up too...

No comments:

Post a Comment