A Very Merry Christmas to All

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Did you hear me screaming?

I want to post here every day, but something always seems to get in the way.
This has not been a good week. On the top of the Poop list is the fact that my yellow Lab , Rosie, has a tumor and it has now become cancerous. She is too old to remove the leg and she is my OCD kid, I doubt she'd be comfortable with only 3 legs. Punkin is another story (that's my Chocolate baby), but Rosie is like a child. She has an unbelievable vocabulary (words she understands) even the Vet was amazed. So the entire office was in tears at the news. As for Me, Rosie and I will work on her other leg to make it strong. I know we are buying time. I am a firm believer that you have to love enough to let go, I will when the time comes, but it's not now.
Of course my saga continues. I'd rather just move on. Talking about things only brings them to the front of your mind. there is so much more to life then aches and pains and illness.
I have been working on many things, all in different stages, none worthy of a photo ...yet.
I guess I could show you Clarence...I was challenged to take a little pumpkin pattern and make something with it. I see a pumpkin and I think Halloween...either that or pie. So I made Clarence into a Trick or Treater,
Don't you just want to throw some candy in that bag?
When ever I'm down in the dumps, I think Butterflies...they are such happy little critters. Kind of flying flowers. So I sat down and made this quilted Butterfly.
I should have been working on swaps

I have a few due. But that Butterfly made me smile. I did finished up a slide mailer swap . I decided I wanted to use the 4 slide mailer. the theme was orange and blue so I even got orange and blue digital leaves. I was so proud of myself... Finished the entire thing and found out the slides were too small for the mailer. I guess the 4 slide one deals with bigger slides. Who knew? I managed to work it out...I hope to my partners satisfaction.
It's got a leaf and bead dangle that doesn't show up well in the pic . That's the outside, then on the inside I put a Fall poem and the slides.

It's kind of the look I was going for. The shading is all alcohol ink.
So that's what I've been doing, when not busy with health issues and my ailing furbaby. Let me leave you with this. You're a Farmer, of sorts, you depend on your tractor for many things. What do you do when this happens right off your driveway...Yes  the driveway from hell, that even when not blocked is difficult to navigate...what do you do...what do you do?



2 comments:

  1. Sorry about Rosie. Give her a big hug and kiss from me.

    Some lovely stuff going on there. I love the butterfly quilt:) I'm not sure what to do about the tire though...eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathie,
    Oh so sorry to hear about your fur baby, Rosie! My little merlin had a tumor on his lower gum and recently had surgery. They took out so much of his lower gum and lost 4 teeth.:(
    Thank goodness that when the Biopsy came back it was negative. :( I hated to put him through surgery because he is already 11 years old.
    But now he is back to his old self again.
    I am happy to see you keeping your mind off of the sad things in Life and busy creating. Love all the new things and Clarence is so cute. The quiltie is beautiful!
    Sending healing hugs to You and Rosie.

    ReplyDelete