A Very Merry Christmas to All

Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 of the New Year

Hi Everyone,
I had hoped to have some pictures of some gifts that are due to go out. Yes I know Christmas is over..At least for most people, but it is at this time of year I decide to be Greek Orthodox , they celebrate Christmas on Jan 7th. I should have it all done and gone by then.
You see in order to be my friend that's the one thing you have to "get" about me...I'm either very late with gifts or very early, depending how you look at it LOL But it's only because I like to make special things for special people and don't always have the time I think I have. Sounds like whining and excuses. It's just the facts folks!!!

I did manage to drop everything and make sure my CDA challenge was ready..My poster pictures gathered, my instructions written etc. For those of you who have written wanting to know whats up..I can only tell you , "None of the Studio's". leave it to me to state the obvious LOL Kat and Connie have been working none stop to try and bring you a New and exciting CDA. I think everything should be up and running today.
Now with all this interest, I do hope I see  everyone signing up for my challenge.
You will need at least 3 CD...new or old doesn't matter. I'm hoping some of you can get rid of  those old AOL CD's we just knew had a purpose. We all seemed to save them. Same with scratched or chipped ones. WE knew they would come in handy for something.
If you are going to join CDA please keep this in mind: Swappers are  confused in the Challenge concept because you don't swap, you just make and show off your pictures. What I do is think of someone who would enjoy the challenge as a BD gift or next Christmas even. I find that it helps to personalize the gift and gives me an incentive to get it done.
I am going to ask Connie if she would mind me keeping a list of people who would like to swap. This is a very large international group and swapping could be difficult. Perhaps it can be worked out, I'd like to try for those of you who really like to swap things. On the flip side, I know there are some that more often then not wish they could keep their swap item rather then take a chance on what they may get.
Some of you know about the small group I inherited . I'd like to invite you to take a look. We are not a chatty group, but we do have swaps and those that do swap are talented and dedicated. This week-end I will be putting up a swap that Patricia is hosting...it is Pin Dolls..the kind you would wear on a name tag or jacket just for fun. Check out the site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SharingOurMixedMediaArt/
For those of you who have groups of your own, please write to me. I will certainly post your group here.
I am not the slightest bit competitive and believe there is room for everyone. I belong to several groups, some I'm very active in and others not so much, but I love the people and I participate when I can. I'm just not one of the "chatty" ones. No time....
I need to take a picture of a surprise I received yesterday. I had Raeven  to play Secret Santa to and I had so much fun. She had a book list on Amazon and I was able to fill part of that wish list for her along with other fun gifts. She seemed very happy, now I know she was, because no one would put this effort into someone they weren't happy with. She made me two books that are incredible and once I take pic's I will share them with all of you.
I'm just sitting here looking at a spoon doll Norma made me in 2008...this is what Internet sharing is all about.The memories we create together..Now I feel like I have to explore my studio and look at dates.
I have Mary's beautiful BINGO card here that has no date...Please remember to date anything you make me...as you can see I keep everything LOL I see Cherie dates hers, Peggy dates hers, I have a goth doll here from Jingles with no date...Tina dated hers, Monica dates hers...well you all get the picture. I treasure everything that is sent to me because I value your time.
Wishing everyone a very happy day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    Well my Christmas is finally over today! :( I have taken down all the decorations and now just have the tree and ornaments to take down. How sad! :(
    That I will probably do tomorrow or Friday. Gives me two more nights to enjoy the lights. :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete