A Very Merry Christmas to All

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Life Goes On

Although much of my day is taken up with caring for my Choc. Lab...Life moves on. I've made bed covers for her, I've got tons of "doggie" towels that I keep under her in case she "leaks" (the side effect of the tumor) so far she is doing well.Very contented and in no obvious pain. For now we enjoy the time we have.
Meanwhile I am a very, very lucky woman. Not only do I have local friends to lean on, I have a family that loves me and understands my extreme love for my animals and I have on line friends who have showered me with love and support and understanding.
I have a group that I have all but neglected since my worry about Punkin began. But they continue to send words of support and love. I have moderators that stepped in and left no gap in leadership. Questions still get answered and I am told everything is moving forward as planned. What a comfort.

Monday was a Happy Mail Day and could not have come at a better time. There is a great deal more going on in my life other then Punkin. I've been exhausted and feeling a bit depressed...Suddenly here are two boxes that were picked up earlier at the PO.
I opened the first ...Remember that What Do You See pattern that Norma presented to the group? WE all had to make something that we saw. Norma was my partner and this is what she saw...
I named her Rojo. Is she cute or what? All decked out for a party. Check out her Bling in her hair clip. She just made me laugh out loud and certainly brought sunshine into my day. Norma also made me a button ornament. Pic was blurred so I'll post another day.Norma has been an on line friend for a very long time and she is a treasure.
I had signed up for a Pin keep swap on a Blog that I follow Ravenwood Whimsies. The theme was "Winter"...I ended up with the sweetest partner anyone could hope for. She introduced herself immediately and it was obvious we were cut from  similar clothe....WE kidded that we both liked Halloween as well as winter and we were torn about perhaps doing our own theme.
I made a scary skull pin keep as a joke. Thought I was being cute...So when I opened the box from Carolyn, imagine my surprise when I found this:
My skull was made as a joke. This was a work of art. A spider top hat with a ride along friend LOL whats really funny is that both of us made Bat straight pin (Hers are much cuter then mine)
Of course the "REAL" prize is the  "Winter" themed pin keep:
Both of us made snow people. You'll recall my Snow baby..This cutie was made on a bed spring and like mine, also has snowflake straight pins. Hows that for great minds thinking alike?
Carolyn has since become an active member of our group MixedMediaStudio/yahoogroups.com
and I am truly blessed not just to have had a fabulous swap partner that became a member of my group, but who also became someone I regard as a "friend". Carolyn also included two candy bars that have become an addiction...LOL Now I have to look for a Canada candy store on line .
So as you can see I am truly blessed by being surrounded by such wonderful souls.
My poor partner for several swaps, is left waiting in the wings. My Days seem to fly. I wake up caring for Punkin and before I know it, I'm ready for bed...but I have done some things in between...Life does go on and my sadness is no reason to dropout of life completely. I miss my Sunshine girls (what I call my group), but as I work in my studio, I think of them and all the beautiful things they've made and I find comfort. Hopefully soon I will find time in my day to jump on my groups and at least say "Hi" for now, I keep in touch with my moderators, try to post here when I can and work on my swaps.
Thanks for stopping by and please come again soon.... Thank you Norma and Carolyn for bringing a ray of sunshine in my day.

2 comments:

  1. Being miles away sucks at times like this, the best I can give is a big cyber hug, hon. I know what you're going through right down to the bedding and towels.
    Rojo is amazing and definitely decked out for the holiday season!
    )))hugs(((

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma's cardinal is so wonderful and those pinkeeps from Carolyn are inspired! I didn't join in Wendy's pin keep swap this year, I see that I missed out on a lot of fun! Healing energy and positive thoughts still flowing to Punkin and hope that you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving Kathie. {Hugs}, Deb

    ReplyDelete