A Very Merry Christmas to All

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas ? Already?

But I'm not done yet!!! Sorry for once again disappearing. I felt weird for a few days, earache, headache, sore throat...but it's Christmas and I have things to do. Always the last minute gift to make or gift to wrap ...then BANG!! I was so sick I couldn't lift my head from the pillow. The flu hit me like a freight train (so much for the flu shot). I cannot recall ever being knocked down like that. After two days of staying in bed, mostly sleeping, I thought I felt better. Got up and started my cookies. Suddenly the room began to spin, I felt cold and sweaty at the same time and ended right back in bed for another 2 days. Still not myself, but at least I can sit at my computer without feeling like I'm about to die.

Mandy isn't Mandy any more. She refused to come to that name, pretty much like Punkin named herself, Mandy didn't like anything we picked. I have an old friend that has always been like a God mother to my dogs. Always bringing them treats when she visits. Her name is Ellen, Rich didn't think that was a DOG name, so what about Ella? Nope, but she did like Ellie and responds to Ellie, so that is her name. I swear Punkin is up there whispering in her ear...but she is a good girl. Housebroken in 24 hours and now she sit's, speaks and gives a paw on command. Loves the car. Teething bad but sticks to her toys and chew bones, no furniture. I think we will keep her LOL

Right before the flu shot me down. I did manage to make some little gifts for people I love and just wanted to send a little something to let them know they were special.
I first made this little guy for my Secret Sister. She collects Gnomes so I thought she'd enjoy him...Of course I had to make another for a special friend.
This little Knotty Pine was also made for a special friend. I have little dolls that special people made for me all over my studio. I never feel alone in here because I'm surrounded by the love of friends. It's always my hope that friends who get my little dolls will feel the same way.
I managed to take a pic of Nov. fan blade but totally forgot Dec. <sigh>
I've made some more stuff. But I think that's  all for now. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you haven't been in the pink. Cute gifts, the gnome is sweet. Nice to read that Ellie is settling in to her new family.
    Merry Christmas to you both and all the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had flu shots too, but there are so many strains! Mine lasted a horrible 9 weeks with a hacking cough.I am so sorry the flu has hit at this time especially.Take it easy!
    Love that gnomes and elf ! I did want to make some, but time ran out!
    have as happy a Day as you can!Let people spoil you if you can.

    ReplyDelete